Life doesn’t wait until 5 PM
At Miss Corporate Dropout, I write about how to live an enjoyable life without the confines of a mundane corporate job. From budgeting to travel tips, to side hustles; I cover it all so you can focus on living life on YOUR terms.
What my readers love most is reading content from the perspective of a millennial woman who walked away from a well-paying job with the determination to increase income and decrease stress, all while having fun.
A Little About Me (as told by a list of random facts)
1. I was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri.
I’ve never met Dorothy or Toto, but I’ve seen a tornado or two in my day.
2. The Emerald City.
I relocated to the Seattle, Washington area for a new job when I was 26. I believe it’s the most beautiful city in the good ‘ol U. S. of A. You should come visit.
I left my corporate job in January 2017 at the age of 33 to pursue “working smart, not hard” through various side hustles and revenue streams. My experiences, among other topics, will be shared on this blog.
4. Balloons are my biggest fear.
Yes, that’s right. I’ve been afraid of balloons since I was a little girl because of the loud *BOOM* when they pop. I feel like this is a completely rational phobia, and it’s the people who are afraid of spiders who need to see a therapist, not me. I’m confident that I could win the Boston Marathon if someone volunteered to chase me with a balloon.
6. French Fries are my first love.
I can think of nothing that makes me happier than hot French fries fresh from the fryer. About 10 years ago someone on an online forum perfectly captured my feelings when they summarized their hope for the afterlife:
“When I die, I want to wake up naked on a pile of french fries. They’ll be warm and seasoned with Lawry’s.”
7. I first started blogging in 2003 when Xanga was all the rage. I’ve actually met a few of my real-life friends through Xanga and old school AOL chat rooms.
8. I believe that honesty is the best policy.
Sugar coating is for donuts, not people.
9. That’s what I hope to do for you here at Miss Corporate Dropout… provide an honest perspective on a variety of topics affecting today’s millennial women.
What Can You Expect Here?
- Life & Issues that Affect Today’s Millennial Woman:
We have a unique perspective on a variety of topics: finances, relationships, self-improvement and internal fulfillment, to name a few. We’ll touch on that here.
- Saving & Making Money:
You don’t have to be talented to have a profitable side hustle (trust me, I’m not!). Let’s explore various side gigs from the perspective of a single woman. I’ll also soon be posting the monthly “Side Hustle Spotlight” where I’ll highlight a kick-ass woman and her respective side gig so you can get inspired to find your own hustle.
- Resources for the Aspiring Corporate Dropout:
Unfulfilled at work? Feeling like you’re having a career mid-life crisis out of the blue? Welcome to the club! Be prepared from some thought provoking posts, checklists, and other reading material to help you figure out your next steps.
- Life and Assorted Goods:
Travel stories, flavorful recipes for the mediocre cook, musings & more, inspirational reading material, reviews of services, etc…You’ll find a mixed bag of entertaining stuff.
Jump Right In!
You’ve made it this far, why not take a look around and see what you like? Here are few of my most popular posts to help you get started.
- Why I Left: Quitting My $100k+ Corporate Job
- This Blog Thing…Why I Started Blogging
- You Deserved Better: 20 Love Lessons from my 20s
- Airbnb – Why I Started Hosting and Why You Should Too
- How Being on TV Helped Me Embrace My Flaws