This post kicks off the final post of the 4 part series, Side Hustle Secrets.
I’ll show you step-by-step how you can plan your next vacation with little out of pocket expense by getting paid to write evaluations of your vacation activities.
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Check out the full disclosure policy here.)
Welcome back to my 4 part series on how to take a vacation for free (or almost free!) using mystery shopping. We’re sliding into home plate with this final post of the series.
Now that you’ve arrived at your destination of choice with reduced airfare, checked into your free hotel room, and refueled with some free food – you’ll probably have plenty of energy to visit local attractions.
Did you know you get could get paid to ride roller coasters at an amusement park, splish and splash at a water park, or go to the zoo? (Among other things.)
Yep, you can!
In this post, I’ll show you:
- How you can get paid to visit fun attractions like amusement parks, TV studio tours, etc by giving a written evaluation of your experience
- Typical requirements involved with the evaluation
- Where to find mystery shopping companies that have available entertainment and amusement evaluation opportunities
How You Can Get Paid to Have Fun with Mystery Shopping
There are literally hundreds of mystery shopping companies that work with various brands to recruit shoppers to evaluate an area of their business. Local entertainment attraction companies want to make sure their properties are keeping their guests entertained and maximizing the fun.
And that’s where mystery shoppers come into play.
Later on in this post, I’ll show you which mystery shopping companies to sign up with in order to find opportunities at fun, local attractions in exchange for a well-written evaluation of your experience.
Before I share the mystery shopping companies that commonly have these types of opportunities, let’s go over what to expect.
First Things First…
Before we go any further, you must first be comfortable with the following requirements.
If not, amusement park mystery shopping will likely be a waste of your time.
- Must have a credit card that you’re willing to use to pay for entry to these attractions until your reimbursement is processed. (Approx 17 days)
- Must be able to observe details, like names of employees
- Should enjoy writing
- Must be able to follow detailed directions
Does this sound like you?
If so, let’s proceed!
Requirements will vary based on which type of attraction you choose and what the client wants to evaluate.
I just looked through the website of one of the mystery shopping companies I’ve worked with and looked at the requirements for a few of the entertainment attraction evaluations.
Here’s a glimpse of a few of the requirements for restaurant evaluations I came across.
- A well-known zoo: Must purchase a single day admission, retail shop purchase, and food/beverage purchase
- Large water park: Website, phone call, parking, guest relations, ticket booth, turnstiles, operations, waterpark grounds, waterpark sweeper, waterpark restrooms, locker rental, 1 waterpark food service locations, cabana rental, & more
- Popular big city aquarium: Phone system, website, parking, facility conditions, restrooms, ticket sales, information desk, Café Scuba, on-site restaurant.
These are just a few examples of what the requirements you might find. These will be spelled out for you before you apply or self-assign a shop. As you can see above, they’re all across the board. Some are quite lengthy, and others require less effort.
Payment varies depending on each mystery shopping company and their agreement with the amusement attraction. While some companies will pay you a fee in addition to reimbursement for any incurred charges, others will pay by reimbursement only.
Hey, a day of fun riding roller coasters for free is cool with me.
Either way, the payment for each available assignment will be posted in the description and you can decide at that time if it’s worth it.
Where to Find Mystery Shopping Companies that have Amusement Parks & Attractions
- Amusement AdvantageAmusement Advantage is THE premier mystery shopping company for assignments at popular attractions, amusement parks, and entertainment facilities. They consistently have available shops in 49 states and are actively recruiting new shoppers. They work with a few well-known attractions that are probably already on your vacation to-do list. Highly recommend.
iSS is one of my favorite mystery shopping sites due to their user-friendly interface. They also list a variety of shops from multiple mystery shopping companies, so you’ll get more bang for your buck by signing up with this site. I’ve also even seen plays at major theaters listed on iSS. This is another site I highly recommend.
That wraps up this edition of Side Hustles Series, and I hope you’ve found it useful. Not only can you make money participating in fun activities, but with a little planning, you can take an entire vacation for little to no money.
Let me know if you have any questions crafting your itinerary – I’d love to help!
This post was proofread by Grammarly